Our reference number: 0049_20_D6
Our team develops an innovative method for metallic nanoparticle synthesis based on spark discharge evaporation and the application of the synthesized nanoparticles as catalysts for low-temperature fuel cells. We are looking for a suitable candidate for the position of postdoctoral fellow whose responsibilities will cover one or more of the following:
- development of membrane-electrode assemblies (MEA) for low-temperature hydrogen fuel cells
- optimization of deposition process of catalytic nanoparticles synthesized by spark discharge
- optimization of MEA hot-pressing process
- characterization of electrochemical properties of catalytic nanomaterials and MEAs (RDE, CV, LSV, ECSA, EIS)
- automation of experiments
- evaluation of experimental results and publication of results
Type of contract: temporary for 12 months with an option to extend to 27 months or permanent
Application deadline: 30 April 2020
Envisaged Job Starting Date: 1 June 2020
- experience with electrochemical power sources (fuel cells, batteries);
- working in a dynamic interdisciplinary team;
- independence, activity and critical thinking in solving tasks;
- awareness of the limits of one’s abilities;
- ability and willingness to develop knowledge and skills;
- ability to present and publish research results;
- good knowledge of English (both speaking and writing).
A succesful candidate must have at least 1 year of experience with hydrogen fuel cell or related technologies. Candidates must demonstrate/explain their experience in the CV. Candidates who do not fulfil this requirement will not be considered for the position!
- Creative environment and support from an experienced team
- Fair treatment, equal opportunities
- 5 weeks of vacation + 5 days of sick leave/year
- Subsidized meal and food passes
- Subsidized language courses – English, German, French (subject to approval by management)
- Own holiday and recreational facility
38,000-40,000 CZK BEFORE TAX (approx. 1,100-1,150 EUR AFTER TAX) depending on the quality of the candidate (experience, bibliometric data etc.) + bonuses based on individual performance. The provided figure is informative and is subject to negotiation based on the quality of the candidate.
How to apply
Application with a structured resume and a copy of the completed degree certificate must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Patrik Zima, Office of Research Support). The received applications will be reviewed by the selection committee after the set deadline and job applicants will be informed about the outcome by e-mail.
PLEASE READ ALL THE REQUIREMENTS AND MAKE SURE YOU MEET THEM BEFORE YOU APPLY.
We are a public research institution, not a university. We do not award academic degrees. If you are looking for a PhD position, please do not respond to this job offer.