We are looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Postdoctoral Researcher for the Department of Dynamics and Vibration (D3).
Researcher profile: Postdoctoral Researcher (R2)
Application deadline: 28/05/2021
Number of open positions: 1
Type of contract: temporary for 12 months with an option to extend to 3 years
Job status: full-time
Required degree: PhD
Envisaged Job Starting Date: 01/08/2021
Reference number: 0060/21_D3
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Knowledge of mathematical analysis in non-linear dynamics (stability theory, chaos, bifurcations and limit cycles for the description of post-critical behavior of mechanical systems)
- Adequate publication results
- Good knowledge of English to present and publish research results
- Ability to develop knowledge and skills and grow professionally
- Ability to conduct independent research in the field
- Knowledge of Czech is welcome but not required
The successful candidate will:
- collaborate on projects of core and applied research
- conduct theoretical and analytical research into dynamics of strongly non-linear problems such as flutter, self-oscillation, dry friction, and impact
- apply knowledge to problems of dynamics of rotors, steam turbine blades, railway wheelsets, gearboxes etc.
Candidates are required to demonstrate that they meet the required competencies by explaining in their CV the type/length of research experience for each requirement, the extent/range of knowledge of the subject matter. Candidates are required to provide their list of publications.
The maximum duration of the postdoctoral appointment is limited to 5 years after the award of the PhD degree. For this reason, in order to be eligible for a postdoctoral appointment, the sucessful candidate must be no longer than 3-4 years after the award of a PhD degree (or equivalent) (variations in the CV chronology due to parental leave or a non-academic career path etc. will be considered ad hoc by the selection committee).
38,000 CZK BEFORE TAX (approx. 1,100 EUR AFTER TAX) + performance bonus up to 50,000 CZK per 12 months worked + further bonuses for publishing in journals with IF.
- Fair treatment, equal opportunities
- Creative environment and support from an experienced team
- 5 weeks of vacation/year
- 5 days of sick leave/year
- Subsidized meal and food passes
- Subsidized language courses – English, German, French (subject to approval by management)
- Own recreational facility
- Support for Supplementary Pension Insurance (only available to persons entitled to Czech pension)
For more information about our benefits see Working for us.
How to apply
Application with a structured resume must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidates are invited to write a short motivation letter. The applications will be reviewed by the selection committee after the set deadline and the shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. The interviewed applicants will be informed about the result by e-mail.
The Institute of Thermomechanics of the CAS is a non-university public research institution conducting basic and applied research in applied physics.
PLEASE READ ALL REQUIREMENTS AND MAKE SURE YOU MEET THEM BEFORE YOU APPLY.
Applications not conforming to the instructions set above will not be considered for review.
Please indicate the reference number of the job offer in the subject of your application e-mail.