As of 1 January 2022, the Institute of Thermomechanics of the CAS created the position of Ombudsman with the aim of preventing conflicts in interpersonal relationships, improving the company culture and increasing employee satisfaction and safety. The Ombudsman is responsible for dealing with the following issues:
- equal opportunities
- sexual harassment
- bullying (incl. mobbing and bossing)
- workplace conflicts
The Ombudsman observes the following principles:
- defends the legitimate interests of employees and proposes measures to the employer to secure and protect the employees,
- in dealing with employee complaints, he prioritizes the interests of employees over the interests of the employer,
- takes great care to preserve the confidentiality of employees to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations and to preserve the dignity of employees;
- helps to strengthen trust between employees and the employer.
The Ombudsman was selected in an open and transparent selection procedure. He is independent of the Institute of Thermomechanics of the CAS.
Mgr. Jan Rupp, MBA
Jan Rupp currently works as an HR manager at the Institute of Experimental Medicine of the CAS. He studied sociology (Bc.) and social work and social policy (Mgr.) at Masaryk University in Brno. In 2015, he received the MBA degree from the Moravian Business School. For many years, he successfully worked in the private sector as the head of the human resources management department, providing methodological assistance to employees, conflict resolution and setting up and maintaining a non-discriminatory environment.
How to send complaints to the Ombudsman
You can send complaints to the Ombudsman by e-mail to the address above or anonymously via the mailbox located on the ground floor of the main building of the Institute next to the freight elevator. Only the ombudsman has the keys to the mailbox and he will pick the mailbox the first week of each month.