prof. Ing. František Maršík, DrSc.
|Department:||Department D 2 - Thermodynamics|
|Location:||Main Building, Dolejškova 1402/5, Praha|
|Publications:||Search in ASEP Database|
|WoS Researcher ID:||G-8395-2014|
Prof. Ing. František Maršík, DrSc. was born on 17th October 1942 in Humpolec, Czech Republic.
|1961 – 1967||Faculty of Nuclear and Technical Physics, Czech Technical University in Prague|
|1967||joined the Institute of Thermomechanics of the Czech Academy o Sciences (IT CAS)|
|1974||CSc., dissertation thesis on "The application of non-equilibrium thermodynamics methods to the compressible fluid flow past body"|
|1990 – 2003||Head of Dept. of Thermodynamics IT CAS|
|1991||DrSc., thesis on "The influence of dissipative processes on the stability of stress and velocit fields in solids and fluids"|
|1994||Assoc. Prof., habilitation thesis on "Fluid flow of heterogeneous mixtures with relaxation processes"|
|1999 – present||Professor in Fluid mechanics and thermodynamics at Czech Technical University and Charles University in Prague|
|1992 – 2006||Member of the Scientific Board of the IT CAS|
|2011 – present||Head of Department of Polymer technologies of New Technologies Research Centre, University of West Bohemia|
|since 2019||Researcher emeritus in the IT CAS|
|Since 2008||Frequent visits to Technische Universität Stuttgart (close long-term collaboration, co-supervisor of Diploma and PhD students)|
|1989, 1992, 1993||MPI für Strömungsforchung, Göttingen, Germany (3 and 1 months, EU project 3 months)|
|1981, 1983||Université Libre de Bruxelles (Dept. of Prof. I. Prigogine), Belgium (1 and 2 months)|
|1971||Institute of Heat and Mass Transfer USSR in Minsk, Belarus (3 months)|
2005–2006 President of the IAPWS, member of the Czech Society of Biomechanics, 2010 elected to the World Council for Biomechanics, member of the Scientific Boards of two Czech Universities. Member of the scientific committees of many international conferences.
The irreversible thermodynamics and its applications to the problems of the phase transition kinetics, thermo-hydrodynamic stability of fluids and Hydrogen fuel cells. In the years 1975 to 1992 he was involved in the fluid flow analysis of the steam turbine blades of the company SKODA POWER. Besides this problem, he is well interested in the bio-thermodynamics, especially in the muscle energetic, bone remodelling, cartilage cultivation and in the hemodynamics of the human cardiovascular system.
- 2022: Z. P. Bazant Prize for Engineering Mechanics awarded by the Czech Society for Mechanics
- 2017: Honorary Medal of the Czech Medical Society J. E. Purkyně for Merit in Biomechanics and its Application in Convective Tissues
- 2014: František Križík Honorary Medal for Merit in Technical Sciences and for Implementation of Results of Scientific Research
Author or co-author of more than 15 research reports, more than 135 papers published in various journals or conference proceedings.
- František Maršík: Wave propagation and nonlinear phenomena in dissipative systems (in Czech), Vysoká škola báňská-Technická Universita Ostrava, 2014, ISBN 978-80-248-3668-3
- František Maršík, Ivan Dvořák: Biotermodynamika, Academia Praha, 1998, (in Czech)
- František Maršík: Termodynamika kontinua, Academia Praha, 1999, (in Czech)
Selected papers (2010 – present)
- Maršík, F., Weigand, B., Tomáš, M., Tuček, O., Novotný, P.: On the Efficiency of Electrochemical Devices from the Perspective of Endoreversible Thermodynamics, Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics 44(4) (2019) 425–437
- Maršík, F., Novotný P., Tomáš M.: What Is Entropy – A Generalized Outlook and Application to Living Systems, in book Thermal Physics and Thermal Analysis (2017) 79–108
- Pavelka, M., Klika, V., Vágner, P., Maršík, F.: Generalization of Exergy Analysis, Applied Energy 137 (2015), pp. 158-172
- M. Pavelka, F. Maršik, V. Klika: Consistent theory of mixtures on different levels of description, International Journal of Engineering Science 78 (2014) 192–217
- V. Beran, M. Sedláček, Maršík F.: A new bladeless hydraulic turbine, Applied Energy 104 (2013) 978–983
- Pavelka, M., Maršík, F., Detailed thermodynamic analysis of PEM fuel cells, Int. J. Hydrogen En. 38 (2013), pp. 7102-7113
- Fedorchenko, A. I. ; Maršík, F.; Trávníček, Z. On the effective temperature concept for liquid: Paradox of the similarity?. International Communications on Heat and Mass Transfer, 2011, Roč. 38, č. 7, s. 852-854. ISSN 0735-1933. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0735193311000959
- Bougherara, H. ; Klika, Václav ; Maršík, František ; Mařík, I. ; Yahia, L.H. New predictive model for monitoring bone remodeling. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part A, 2010, 95A, č. 1, s. 9-24. ISSN 1549-3296.
- Klika V., Maršík F.: A thermodynamic model of bone remodelling: the influence of dynamic loading together with biochemical controlJ Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 2010; 10(3):220-230
Selected papers (before 2010)
- Klika V., Maršík F.: Coupling Effect between Mechanical Loading and Chemical Reactions, J. Phys. Chem. B, 113, 14689-14697, 2009.
- Maršík F. et al.: Remodelling of living bone induced by dynamic loading and drug delivery—Numerical modelling and clinical treatment, Math. Comput. Simul., doi:10.1016/j.matcom.2009.02.014, 2009.
- Němec T., Maršík F., Mičan O.: The characteristic thickness of polymer electrolyte membrane and the efficiency of fuel cell, Heat Transfer Eng., 30(7), 2009.
- Maršík F. et al.: Binary Homogeneous Nucleation in Selected Aqueous Vapor Mixtures, J. Sol. Chem., doi:10.1007/s10953-008-9337-4, 2008.
- Němec T., Maršík F., Palmer D. A.: Binary nucleation of water and sodium chloride, J. Chem. Phys. 124, 044509, 2006.
- Maršík F., Mařík I., Klika V.: Chemistry of bone remodelling processes, Locomotor System 12 (1+2), 51-61, 2005.
- Maršík F., Převorovská S., Brož Z., Štembera V.: Numerical model of the human cardiovascular system - Korotkoff sound simulation, Cardiovascular Engineering: An International Journal 4 (2), 194-199, 2004.
- Delale C.F., Hrubý J., Maršík F.: Homogeneous Bubble Nucleation in Liquids: The Classical Theory Revised, J. Chem. Phys. 118 (2), 792-806, 2003.
- Maršík F., Mejsnar J.: The Balance of Entropy Underlying Muscle Performance, J. Noneq. Thermodynamics, 19, 197-216, 1994.
- Supervisor of more than 30 doctoral theses
- Supervisor of 24 PhD theses
- Continuum Thermodynamics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University (1999 – 2013)
- Biothermodynamics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University (1999 – 2017), at present at Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Mechanical engineering
Some presented lectures
|2013–2016||TA03030978||Research, development and design of hydraulic damper without idle periods|
|2009–2012||GA106/09/1573||Nickel-titanum alloys, shape memory, phase transformation, properties, biocompatibility|
|2008–2011||GA106/08/0557||Material properties of veins and their remodelling|
|2006–2011||1M06031||Materials and components for environment protection|
|2005–2007||GA101/05/2536||Non-equilibrium steam flow|
|2005–2007||GA101/05/2537||Stability of shear flow with strong temperature and density gradients|
|2005–2006||1P05ME726||Investigation of two-phase flow and pollutant emission control|
|2004–2007||1P04LA214||International collaboration on research of properties of water and water mixtures-IAPWS|
|2003–2005||GA106/03/1073||Application of shape memory alloys for blood vessel replacements|
|2003–2005||GA106/03/0958||Application of tissue biofluidics in the innovation of biomaterials|
|2003–2004||ME 710||Condensation kinetics in flowing steam and steam mixtures and multiple flow in CFB boilers|
|2002–2004||GA101/02/0364||Steam flow with gas and solid particle admixtures|
|2000–2004||IBS2076003||Suppression of onset and effects of cavitation in hydrodynamic mechines|