Our reference number: 0052/20_D2
Our team studies thermophysical properties of fluids, such as aqueous mixtures under extreme conditions, and phase transitions, such as nucleation of droplets in CO2 mixtures. To improve the description of the thermophysical properties we develop unique experimental apparatuses and accurate mathematical models. The successful candidate will conduct theoretical research in thermodynamics focused primarily on the development of new models using the Molecular Simulations (MS). The expected tasks of the successful candidate will be as follows:
- Theoretical research in thermodynamics
- Modelling of thermophysical properties of fluids and phase transitions using Molecular Simulations
- Programming of pre- and post-processing routines for molecular simulations (MATLAB, C/C++, Fortran or Python)
- Comparison of Molecular Simulation results with experiments and data from the literature
- Cooperation with the research team of the Laboratory of Thermophysical Properties and the Laboratory of Phase Transitions
- Publishing and co-publishing papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals
Type of contract: temporary for 12 months with an option for extension in case of good performance
Application deadline: 24 August 2020, 2pm
Envisaged Job Starting Date: 1 October 2020
Required Education Level: Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics, Mathematical Physics or Engineering
Required Research Experience: at least 4 years
- At least 2 years of hands-on research experience with Molecular Simulations and the related computational tools (DL_POLY, Gromacs, ms2 etc.)
- Experience with creating and writing peer-reviewed publications corresponding to the length and type of research experience
- Advanced knowledge of programming (MATLAB, C/C++, Fortran, or Python)
- Independent and responsible attitude to solving problems
- Good working knowledge of English (C1/C2)
- Knowledge of thermodynamics is welcome.
- Candidates are required to demonstrate that they meet the required qualifications by explaining in their CV the type/length of research experience for each requirement, the extent/range of knowledge of the subject matter.
- Candidates are required to provide their list of publications.
- Creative environment and support from an experienced team
- Fair treatment, equal opportunities
- 5 weeks of vacation + 5 days of sick leave/year
- Subsidized meal and food passes
- Subsidized language courses â€“ English, German, French (subject to approval by management)
- Own holiday and recreational facility
- 38,000 CZK BEFORE TAX (approx. 1,100 EUR AFTER TAX) + bonuses based on individual performance.
How to apply
- Application with a structured resume and a copy of the PhD certificate must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. VÃ¡clav VinÅ¡, Head of Laboratory of Thermophysical Properties) together with the application/CV.
- The received applications will be reviewed by the selection committee after the set deadline and the shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
- The interviewed applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection process by e-mail.
The length of contract is 12 months with an option for extension in case of good performance. PLEASE READ ALL THE REQUIREMENTS AND MAKE SURE YOU MEET THEM BEFORE YOU APPLY.
IMPORTANT: We are a public research institution, not a university. We do not award academic degrees or professorships, we do not provide teaching experience.