Our reference number: 0055_20_D2
Our small team conducts experimental research of heat and mass transfer, fluid dynamics and fluidics. We also focus on passive and active control of flow and temperature fields and intensification of heat and mass transfer in forced convection (e.g. impinging and synthetic jets, wakes). The laboratory encomasses modern trends based on the biomimetic principle: known and well-tried concepts of biological systems in nature are applied to technology to enhance human products.
The successful candidate will conduct the following tasks:
- Research in the field of thermodynamics, especially heat and mass transfer
- Design of experimental set ups
- Measurement of temperature and velocity fields in flowing fluids
- Data analysis, determination of transport coefficients
- Writing scientific papers
The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate on projects of core and applied research.
Type of contract: temporary for 12 months with an option to extend to permanent
Application deadline: 12 November 2020
Envisaged Job Starting Date: 14 December 2020
- Experience with research in thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, fluid dynamics
- Ability to conduct independent research in the main research field
- Ability to develop knowledge and skills and grow professionally must be demonstrated
- Adequate publication results
- Good knowledge of English to present and publish research results
- Knowledge of Czech is welcome but not required
Candidates are required to demonstrate that they meet the required qualifications by explaining in their CV the type/length of research experience for each requirement, the extent/range of knowledge of the subject matter.
Candidates are required to provide their list of publications.
- Fair treatment, equal opportunities
- Creative environment and support from an experienced team
- 5 weeks of vacation/year
- 5 days of sick leave/year
- Subsidized meal and food passes
- Subsidized language courses – English, German, French (subject to approval by management)
- Own recreational facility
- Support for Supplementary Pension Insurance (only available to persons entitled to Czech pension)
38,000 CZK BEFORE TAX (approx. 1,100 EUR AFTER TAX) + performance bonus up to 100,000 CZK per 12 months worked + further bonuses for publishing in journals with IF. The provided figure is informative and is subject to negotiation based on the quality of the candidate.
How to apply
Application with a structured resume and a copy of the PhD certificate must be sent to email@example.com (Dr. Patrik Zima, Head of Office of Research Support) together with the application/CV. The received applications will be reviewed by the selection committee after the set deadline and the shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. The interviewed applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection process by e-mail.
PLEASE READ ALL THE REQUIREMENTS AND MAKE SURE YOU MEET THEM BEFORE YOU APPLY.
Applications not conforming to the requirements set above will not be considered for review.
Important: We are a public research institution, not a university. We do not award academic degrees or professorships, we do not provide teaching experience.
Important: When applying, please indicate the reference number of this job offer in your e-mail.