Our reference number: 0057/20_D4
Our team conducts experimental research of plastic straining of metals under complex stress-states. The successful candidate will conduct the following tasks:
- Development of experimental apparatus, techniques and methodology for the analysis of plastic deformation of metals
- Experimental analysis of plastic deformation of metals
- Co-writing paper in international scientific journals
- Participation in projects of core and applied research, especially the project “Center of Excellence for Nonlinear Dynamic Behaviour of Advanced Materials in Engineering (CeNDYNMAT)“
Type of contract: temporary for 18 months with an option to extend to 60 months
Application deadline: 16 December 2020 – EXTENDED TO 31 December 2020
Envisaged Job Starting Date: 1 April 2021
Job Status: Full time
Required Degree: master degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering
Eligibility Criteria: candidates must either be already enrolled in a PhD study OR they must enrol in a PhD study in mechanical engineering in one of the Czech universities (the application deadline is typically every February); we will help you streamline your application for PhD study, however, please note that we are indepedent of the universities
- Ability to design/develop experimental devices, techniques, and methodologies to analyze plastic straining of metals under complex stress-states
- Ability to experimentally analyze plastic straining of metals using various testing devices
- Ability to publish results in international scientific journals
- Knowledge of English language including terminology in the respective field
- Knowledge of any high-level programming language to script testing procedures and postprocess experimental results
- Knowledge of Czech is welcome but not required
Candidates are required to demonstrate that they meet the required qualifications by explaining in their CV the type/length of research experience for each requirement, the extent/range of knowledge of the subject matter.
Candidates are required to provide their list of publications and the copy of the certificate of their MSc. degree or equivalent.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in and travel to the Czech Republic. Please consult the current information on travel restrictions for your country of residence.
- Fair treatment, equal opportunities
- Creative environment and support from an experienced team
- 5 weeks of vacation/year
- 5 days of sick leave/year
- Subsidized meal and food passes
- Subsidized language courses – English, German, French (subject to approval by management)
- Own recreational facility
- Support for Supplementary Pension Insurance (only available to persons entitled to Czech pension)
40,000 CZK BEFORE TAX (approx. 1,500 EUR AFTER TAX) + bonuses for publishing in journals with IF.
How to apply
Application with a structured resume and a copy of the PhD certificate must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Patrik Zima, Head of Office of Research Support) together with the application/CV. The received applications will be reviewed by the selection committee after the set deadline and the shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. The interviewed applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection process by e-mail.
PLEASE READ ALL THE REQUIREMENTS AND MAKE SURE YOU MEET THEM BEFORE YOU APPLY.
Applications not conforming to the requirements set above will not be considered for review.
Important: We are a public research institution, not a university. We do not award academic degrees or professorships, we do not provide teaching experience.
Important: When applying, please indicate the reference number of this job offer in your e-mail.